Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The World's Easiest Halloween Costume

When I was in high school, there was a classmate of mine who was popular due to his intelligent sense of humor, easy-going attitude and general all-around good-naturedness. When it came time for prom he decided (like many of us) not to rent a limo (prom in Boulder, Colorado is definitelt a more laid back affair than in many places... one year my date wore Birkenstocks with his tuxedo). But instead of simply borrowing his parents' nice car, he chose to drive in his own slightly beat-up, slightly run-down, old station wagon. But here's the good part... being the clever guy that he is, he took shoe polish and wrote the word "LIMO" on the side windows of the car. I'm pretty sure there was some philosopher who said something about how if you can imagine something, then it exists. So, this guy made a limo out of an old station wagon by merely suggesting it to our imagination.

So what, pray tell, does this have to do with the world's easiest Halloween costume? Well, it is the same principal behind this t-shirt:



Because my kids still aren't into the Halloween thing yet and because no wonderful costume-wearing opportunities are coming my way this year, I have decided to take a similar, albeit more specific, "power of suggestion" approach to the Halloween costume this year by sporting this t-shirt purchased for a mere $9.99 at Target (I apologize for the blurry picture, it's just one of those days):


It's not quite as cool as when I went as Glinda for Halloween when I was a little girl, but it will have to do.

(I am pictured here with my younger brother who was aptly dressed as the devil... just kidding, bro!)

I'm definitely a little disappointed not to be doing something a tad more extravagant and fun this year, but I plan to make up for it next year... I have something truly fabulous in mind! But more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind? Have a topic you'd like me to look into? Need help with a project? Ideas or thoughts you'd like to share? I'd love to hear from you!